Wednesday, June 08, 2005

 

Colorado Cellars and Rocky Mountain Vineyards (Colorado) June 4, 2005

Next we moved to the tasting booth for Colorado Cellars and Rocky Mountain Vineyards. All I have to say is, too many people, not enough time. They had a whole lot of wine sitting on ice. Lots of mead from Rocky Mountain Vineyards. We liked the regular mead better than the spiced mead. Katie learned that she likes Gewürztraminer at this booth, I thought it was pretty good too. A lot of people were making comments about the Roadkill Red, we didn't get to try it unfortunately due to the vast sea of people. I would rather that these events be crowded rather than empty and boring. I urge you to check out their other offerings, what I tasted was well made with no evident flaws. I hope I can review more of what they have to offer in the future.


So what wine did I have the pleasure of tasting? The 2003 Cavalry Port from Colorado Cellars. Deep red coloring with heavy legs. Has hints of raisin on the nose. This port style wine has nice sweetness and a good depth of flavors. Nice. Grade: B

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?